Tuesday 16 April 2013

Blog Write-Up Week 3


This week I placed my image and text into my magazine front cover spread. I was enable to see how the colours red, pink, white and black worked together, but after inserting the image I was able to see that the red made the magazine look less focused and less professional. So I decided to just use the colour theme of pink, black and white. These colours gave biggest impact when working together and the bright pink highlights the most important exclusives which would attract my target audience  I learnt how to dodge the background of my photograph to make it much whiter and brighter, which then made my model stand out against the background. Once choosing all these elements, I was then able to play around with the size of fonts, making the text towards to bottom of the magazine a lot smaller than the text at the top of the cover. Also I added another shape, which stretches across the models front and against the black costume it stands out and captures interest. I also played with the size of the "exclusive interview" as I made it much larger than the quotation underneath so that it is most attractive to the eye when flicking through a magazine stall.


Here is my final double page spread. I continued to run the pink, white and black theme onto my double page spread as I believed it looked energetic and active. I used two break out boxes and a few images to break up the large amount of text within my article. I decided to include dotted dividers in between each of my columns as it gives the page and exciting and edgy feel to it. The font I used was bold and sleek, making it modern and relatable to the young target audience, the pink gives the double page spread an element of brightness, and breaks up the page from just black and white. The three images I choose to use are of my model gradually getting drunker and drunker, which is relatable for my target audience and shows her at stages. The large image on the left hand page, stands out and attracts the eye at a glimpse. I used a lot of text wrap on my double page spread so that it it made the article layout more exciting and interesting. But I do believe my article is very long and this means my magazine would aim more towards to 20 year old plus, as it is quite lengthy, but the interview is personal and home hitting. Also I dislike my header as I believe I could have used a much more personal and shocking header which would attract the eye, and the large kicker also makes the article look too lengthy. I played around with adding extras to the page to create a more interactive double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment