Friday 26 October 2012

CD COVER IDEA


Here I have created a CD front cover for the "Nature Hereos" band. Firstly I had to set the dimensions of my cover to 120 by 120mm this is so that I could get the correct sizing for my CD cover. I then had to set the resolution to 300inch and the colour mode to 16gbt. I decided to use a nature/flower theme for the background of my cover, I used the colours blue, green and brown as they relate to my nature theme and contrast, aswell as compliment each other well on the page, this then makes the cover the cover eye catching and gives it a retro 'old skool' feel. To create the background I had to download stamps, to do this I had to use a website to choose and download them, once I had done this I then had to load them into photo shop. I used two different stamps for my cover. To inset the stamps I used the shortcut (B) to select my basic brush tool, I then stamped them both onto the page and blended the title and barcode into the background so that the flowers lay on top, this then gives the cd cover a 3D and exciting feel. Once I had added the stamps I used the blending option on photoshop to make the stamps and writing come alive and look bold on the page this then makes the cover unique and intriguing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment