Thursday 4 October 2012

COMPOSITION EXPERIMENTS

Whilst continuing with my photography, I reinforced the skill of trying to keep the eye line to the top third of my photograph to make it a powerful photo. I have also reinforced the skill of the T stand, making it easy and able for me to use my new skill of 'tilt down' and 'tilt up'. I have also reinforced the skill of making my photographs in focus and not motion blur, whilst also thinking carefully about the positioning of the light to create shadows and lighting.




In this photograph I have gained the skill of being able to use 'line' in my photographs. The shadow in this photograph pulls your attention to the main eye line focus point but with it being a diagonal shadow, it gives the photograph an energetic, mysterious, unique feel. The path on the photograph then continues the line throughout and into the distance of the picture.


On this photograph I have gained knowledge of using the skill 'tilt down' and 'eye line manipulation . By doing this it makes the subject of the photo look powerless and vulnerable. Also by having the bush out of focus but the model in focus, it makes the model the main eye line focus point of the photograph.


On this photograph, I have continued to have my model positioned to the right instead of the middle, but this time I have kept the eye line to the top third. I have also give a little hint of 'tint down' in the photograph, which still makes the model look powerless but by having the eye line on the top third it doesn't create as big of a feel of vulnerability as the picture before.



On this photograph I have used the skill of 'framing'. By doing this it creates energy for the image and a little bit of mystery as to what the model is being framed by. By having the model at a medium long shot, it wouldn't be a very suitable photograph for a magazine, as the background is quite busy and the model isn't the main subject. 


On this photograph I have again used the skill of 'line' but this time without the shadowing to follow. Here the model is the main eye line focus point, but the pole just to the right of the model makes our eyes follow along into the photograph until it reaches the model. It drags our eyes in. 


On this photograph I have neither used 'tilt down' or 'tilt up', making the photograph look neither powerful or powerless. By having the model positioned just to the side with top third eye line it would be perfect for a magazine front cover, as the eyes are the main eye focus point. The lighting is positioned to the side, lighting up the whole photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment